AN EDUCATION COMPANY
Industry leaders from Architects to Contractors and from Concrete Suppliers to Ready Mix Batch Plant Operators, know that there's an endemic of project delays and unanticipated expenses due to concrete moisture. But what most people do not know is that it is NOT the amount of moisture in the concrete that's the problem, it’s the movement of the moisture, out of and back into the slab for the entire life of the concrete. That’s the real problem. Thus the “date and time” field moisture tests are unreliable and the material manufactures’ defect warranties are meaningless.
Understanding the true nature of concrete and addressing the real problem, will allow the project team to remove the unnecessary field moisture tests and avoided the forced use of expensive topical remediation systems. Thus freeing the project from delays and unanticipated expenses, which are regularly caused by the industry’s outdated process of dealing with concrete moisture.
For more than 45 years we have worked to educate ourselves on the issues of concrete moisture and the proactive ways to address it inexpensively. Now, for the last 10 years we have been sharing what we’ve learn in an intense, concise and revolutionary CEU program that is changing the industry.
Barrier One, Inc. is The American Institute of Architect (AIA) and the Ontario Association of Architects (OAA) - approved provider of "Removing Concrete Moisture From The Construction Process."
AIA: This course is approved by AIA as part of its Continuing Education program and meets HSW criteria requirements. For more details or to schedule a presentation, contact us by phone at 877.224.5850 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EFFECTIVE AND ECONOMICAL CONCRETE MOISTURE CONTROL - 60 Minutes, 1 LU Hour, HSW
In this program we discuss strategies for breaking the current concrete moisture cycle and overcoming the inability of new concrete slabs to pass the flooring industry mandated guidelines, which are a significant cause of construction delays. This program reviews the magnitude of the problem, discusses the various causes, and offers proactive solutions at a fraction of the cost.
- Understand that new construction concrete slabs will NOT pass the current moisture requirements for flooring or roofing materials within today’s compressed construction schedules
- Understand the negative impact of the current design process embedded in the 09 Division Specification
- No field moisture test shifts liability for moisture related slab covering issues from the project team
- There is no warranty for moisture, it is explicitly excluded
- Discuss all sources of moisture that impact the construction process
- Discuss strategies to fully mitigate liability from the owner and project team with respect to concrete moisture, impacted project budgets/timelines, and future flooring failures
- Learn to transform traditionally unpredictable project activities, such as flooring installation and subsequent flooring performance into controlled and known aspects
- Download our summary hand-out for more information