CMS moisture vapor reduction admixture was developed by a dedicated group of chemical engineers, concrete quality control professionals, and flooring experts to facilitate owners, architects, general contractors, and the entire project team to eliminate costly, inefficient, flawed moisture vapor emission testing and unnecessary topical moisture mitigation applications. To maintain demanding project schedules and to remain on budget. The product, CMS MVRA works in normal as well as lightweight concrete by restricting the integral capillary system and eliminating the route of moisture vapor emission movement out of the concrete.
As an admixture, it is integral to the concrete, not surface applied, it will not interfere with the bonding of adhesives suitable for non-porous substrates, resinous coatings roofing membranes or cementitious underlayments. In short…if it sticks to low porosity concrete, it sticks to CMS MVRA dosed concrete!
Download our Product Data Sheet for more information.
BENEFITS OF CMS ADMIXTURE
- 2012 NOVA award (Construction Innovation Forum), in recognition of proven cost savings and quality improvement on actual projects
Removes Project Liability
- Unmatched comprehensive "life of the concrete" warranty when specified
Reduced Construction Cost
- Requires no further field moisture testing, but if conducted, warranted up to 100% RH per ASTM F2170 and/or 25 lbs per ASTM F1869
Improved Slab Properties
- Certified shrink reduction admixture (SRA) per ASTM C-157
Reduced Construction Time
- Requires only 1 to 3 days curing with plastic sheet or waterproof paper
Ease of Use
- Easily dosed, delivered and finished
- Contributes several points toward LEED Certification when used in a system